Introduction and Acceptance
ThriveWriting.com Access and Use
- remove, alter, cover, or distort any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice on ThriveWriting.com or Website Content;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of our Website including, without limitation, any features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of our Website or Website Content;
- use an automatic device (such as a robot or spider) or manual process to copy or “scrape” our Website or Website Content for any purpose without the express written permission of ThriveWriting.com. Notwithstanding the preceding, ThriveWriting.com grants public search engine operators permission to use automatic devices (such as robots or spiders) to copy Website Content from our Website for the sole purpose of creating (and only to the extent necessary to create) a searchable index of Website Content that is available to the public. ThriveWriting.com reserves the right to revoke this permission (generally or specifically) at any time;
- collect or harvest any personally identifiable information from our Website including, without limitation, user names, passwords, email addresses;
- solicit other users to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization without our prior written approval;
- attempt to or interfere with the proper working of our Website or impair, overburden, or disable the site;
- decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any portion of any our Website;
- use network-monitoring software to determine the architecture of or extract usage data from our Website;
- encourage conduct that violates any local, state or federal law, either civil or criminal, or impersonate another user, person, or without permission, etc.;
- engage in any conduct that restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying our Website.
Website Content & Third Party Links
We provide our Website and Website Content, for the commercial, entertainment, informational, and promotional purposes of providing web-based services for the content writing and related services. You may not rely on any information and opinions expressed on our Website for any other purpose. In all instances, it is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of Website Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Website Content.
In many instances, Website Content will include content created by a third-party or will represent the opinions and judgments of a third-party. We do not endorse, warrant and are not responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on our Website by anyone other than authorized employees or spokespersons of Thrive Media, Inc. while acting in their official capacities, except where subject to our Content Disclaimer.
If there is a dispute between persons accessing our Website or between persons accessing our Website and any third party, you understand and agree that we are under no obligation to become involved. If there is such a dispute, you hereby release Thrive Media, Inc., the owner of ThriveWriting.com, and its officers, directors, employees, parents, partners, successors, agents, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, and their related companies from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with such dispute.
Our Website may contain links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not operate or control, in any respect, or necessarily endorse or recommend the content found on these third-party websites. In all cases, you assume sole responsibility for your use of third-party links. We are not responsible for any content posted on third-party websites or liable to you for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your dealings with any third-party or their website or any reliance on content provided by any third-party or located on their website.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF OUR WEBSITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. OUR WEBSITES AND WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW THRIVE MEDIA, INC., THE OWNER OF THRIVEWRITING.COM, AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, PARTNERS, SUCCESSORS, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AND THEIR RELATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING ANY: (1) WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, OR INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THRIVEWRITING.COM; (3) WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (4) WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON OUR WEBSITE OR ACCESSED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE; (5) WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE; (6) WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED; AND (7) WARRANTIES THAT ERRORS IN THE WORDPRESS PLATFORM WILL BE CORRECTED.
Limitation on Liability
In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the preceding limitations may not apply to you. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Thrive Media, Inc., and ThriveWriting.com respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect its users to do the same. In appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, ThriveWriting.com may remove or disable access to material on any of its websites or hosted on its systems that may be infringing or the subject of infringing activity.
Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”), we will respond promptly to claims of copyright infringement that are reported to the agent that we have designated to receive notifications of claims infringement (its “Designated Agent”). Thrive Media, Inc., the owner of ThriveWriting.com’s Designated Agent which is:
Attn: DMCA Registered Agent
Thrive Media, Inc.
412 Main Street, Suite 100
Buffalo, WY, 82834
Email: dmca_notice at thrivemedia dot se*
(*See our Anti-Spam Policy as it relates to the use of this email address.)
If you are a copyright owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner) and believe that your work’s copyright has been infringed, please report your notice of infringement to us by providing our Designated Agent with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information is reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
In the Dispute Resolution Section only, “we” and “us” are used to refer to you and Thrive Media, Inc., the owner of ThriveWriting.com, together.
- If either of us wants to arbitrate a dispute, we agree to send written notice to the other providing a description of the dispute, previous efforts to resolve the dispute, all supporting documents/information, and the proposed resolution. We will send notice to you based on the contact information you have provided us and notice to us must be sent to Thrive Media, Inc., Attn: Legal Notices, 412 Main Street, Suite 100, Buffalo, WY, 82834. We agree to make attempts to resolve the dispute. If we cannot resolve the dispute within forty-five (45) days of receipt of the notice to arbitrate, then we may submit the dispute to formal arbitration.
The FAA applies to this Agreement and arbitration provision. We each agree the FAA’s provisions, not state law, govern all questions of whether a dispute is subject to arbitration.
- We each agree not to pursue arbitration on a classwide basis. We each agree that any arbitration will be solely between you and us (not brought on behalf of or together with another individual’s claim). If for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply, and the dispute must be brought in court.
- We each are responsible for our respective costs relating to counsel, experts, and witnesses, as well as any other costs relating to the arbitration. However, we will cover any arbitration administrative or filing fees above: (a) $25 if you are seeking less than $1,000 from us; or (b) the equivalent court filing fees for a court action in the appropriate jurisdiction if you are seeking $1,000 or more from us.
Either of us may bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
No Class Actions
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO PURSUE DISPUTES ON A CLASSWIDE BASIS; THAT IS, TO EITHER JOIN A CLAIM WITH THE CLAIM OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY OR ASSERT A CLAIM IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF ANYONE ELSE IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
No Trial By Jury
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY LAWSUIT, ARBITRATION OR OTHER PROCEEDING.
Amendment; Additional Terms
All notices, requests, and communications other than legal notices hereunder shall be in writing, and any such notice, request or other communication shall be deemed to have been given or made when delivered by hand or, in the case of delivery by mail, when deposited in the mail, certified mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid, to Thrive Media, Inc., 30 Gould Street, Suite 4000 Sheridan, WY, 82801.
(c) 2016-2017. Thrive Writing, Inc., a division of Thrive Media, Inc. All rights reserved.
Image Credit: Pixabay.com